Re: japanese copies

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: japanese copies
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 20:38:11 -0700
I bought it new in 70 it was a 69 great car 5 speed trans,DOHC engine,4 wheel
disks came with
Michelin X tires It would do 70 all day long and get 30 mpg.Pretty hi-tech
design for it's day
Living in SoCal no rust problems the problem was quality or materials,at 40,000
miles things just
started falling apart,the rubber fell apart the seats were splitting the last
straw was we were
driving and the ignition swicth just fell apart on the freeway and the car was
only 3 years old!One
thing that happened that wasn't the cars fault was the head gasket blew at
25,000 mi and was
squirting oil out the side of the engine the mechanic said it was because the
head wasn't tightened
by the dealer at the first service.
   They were a pretty car as a matter of fact Chevrolet loosely designed their
Vega around it,look
at an early Vega and it looks a lot like the 124.....This was my 2nd sports car
....My third was a
TR6 but thats another story....Pat