Re: 4WD MGB

To: MG digest submit <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 4WD MGB
From: Philip <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 97 08:09:49 +0100
John Hill MGB Centre built one using Range Rover V8 mechanics in the
early 1990s. Daft or wot? It had oversized wheels and sat about 3 feet
off the ground. And people say the MGF is too high! There's a picture of
it in David Knowles' MGB V8 book.

>Has anyone on the list ever thought about building a 4 wheel drive (4WD) MGB?
>
>Could you just rob an old Rover of its drive train and the modify the MGB
>body shell to accommodate the transfer case, etc.?
>
>I don't see any problems with this, they can put Rover V8s and trannies
>into MGBs why not make a full Rover MGB 4WD?
>
>Or it may even be easy to take the drive train of a junked AMC Eagle...and
>pop it into an MGB.  Or even an old Jeep Wrangler?

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk