Re: ?

To: MXMUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: ?
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:41:40 -0400
Tisk, tisk, tisk.  ...youngin's...  All they want to do is "go FAST". :)

MXMUG@aol.com wrote:

> is a 1974 MGB GT the one with the dolly parton bumpers

Depends.  Is it a '74 or a  74 1/2?  I think that's the year they
changed.

> is that a good car to have

There's no such thing as a bad MG to have.   :)

> im new to MG cars

Welcome.

> its a school car

I drove a '68 Roadster, my senior year in high school (1978), they're
fun to drive and easy to park (anywhere), BUT...   they're a bitch to
make out in.  I guess ya gotta take the good with the bad.

> does any one know the performice of that car like its top speed
> ??????????/

It's no XKE, but it's no slouch, either.  The answer to your question
though, depends a lot on the condition of the engine.  If it's been
rebuilt recently it can have some zip to it.  OTOH - If it's the
original with high milage it can be a real dog.

Bobby
77 MGB Roadster

--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *