Gauges & Springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gauges & Springs
From: Dwgwater1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:25:41 -0400 (EDT)
Two questions about my 70 Midget:  1.  The temp part of my dual gauge quit
about a year after I put in a new one (because the temp gauge wasn't
working).  Is there a trick I can try before sending it out to be rebuilt to
jolt it back to life?  It's permanently stuck on cold.
2.  I really need a couple of new rear springs, but I recall reading (in
precomputer days when I bought the car) that there were lots of bad springs
out there.  Is that still a problem or am I ok if I stick with Moss or
VictBr?  Any recommendations on suppliers?
3.  (our three questions are fear, surprise, ruthless efficency...)  Any
recommendations for a mechanic in the Chicago area.

TIA, Dave Groundwater