Re: Death of Princess Di.

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Death of Princess Di.
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 11:41:12 -0400
Scott Gardner wrote:

> Not really relevant, but with the number of Britons/Anglophiles on
> this list, I thought I'd post it anyway.
>         I got this off the net, so take it with a grain of salt until you
> hear it from a more informed source, but Princess Diana evidently
> died last night/this morning in an automobile accident in Paris.
> Killed also were a male companion and her driver.  The scuttlebutt so
> far is that they were in a tunnel, trying to evade some paparazzi
> when one of the reporters collided with Diana's Benz.  This may be
> speculation, so I'll stop here.

Yes.  Unfortunately it is true.  It was all over television last night.

Apparently they were trying to get away from five photogaphers (and I
use the term loosely) on motorcycles and lost control of the car (for
reasons unknown as of yet) at a speed of over a hundred miles an hour
(30 mph zone) and hit a divider, head on.   She died at the hospital at
4:00 am UK time.  Last I heard (about 1:00 am our time) of the four in
the car, one person (a body guard) was still alive, but in critical
condition.

My sincerest condolences to our friends in the UK.

Bobby
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *