Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm

To: gofastmg@juno.com
Subject: Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 02:44:45 +0000

> On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 11:48:18 -0400 (EDT) JustBrits@aol.com writes:
> >Rick & Adrian:
> >
> >   Most folks don'y know it but WD-40 in spray form contains water.
> >Shortly
> >after it came out it was plentiful on the store shelves in spray &
> >liquid.  I
> >can't remember which CC i was in but we had a factory guy for a tech
> >one
> >night and he told us.   I don't even have it my shop.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >      Ed
> Ed,
>   Thanks for the Info.  I'll certainly re-think my use of the stuff.
>   BTW, Do you know of any good general purpose lubricants which don't
> contain water?  Which one do you use?  Any good recommendations?
> Rick Morrison
> 72 MGBGT
> 74 Midget

This seems a little fishy to me, since one of the stated purposes of
WD-40 is water displacement.  Wouldn't make sense to have water in
the product in any significant quantities.  Sounds kind of like the
rumor that "Armor All" actually _harms_ vinyl and rubber.  I
personally think that both cases are nothing more than attacks on
long-established products that do a particular job cheaply and well.
After all, how can these super-whamodyne lubricant and protectant
companies possibly HOPE to sell any product with WD-40 and Armor All
making them look bad?

Scott Gardner
(Who found it amusing that Boyd's glass cleaner, at about $4.00 a can
is the same stuff as "gunk" glass cleaner, at about 99 cents a can.
both just use vinegar as the cleaning agent instead of ammonia.)