Re: Winter make over - I know its early but .....

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca
Subject: Re: Winter make over - I know its early but .....
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 16:23:59 EDT
 Full gas tank, with StaBil  or equivalent in the gas. Reduces
evaporation/fumes.
 Fog the cylinders with storebought stuff, or just squirt in some oil and
turn the engine over by hand a few times.
 Disconnect batteries. Keep accessible for occasional charging.
 Jackstands under the frame at the wishbones forward and at the front
ends of the leaf springs.
 Clean the interior well, then use mothballs inside to keep out moths,
cats, mice and other pests.
 Check antifreeze %, and change it if its more than two years old.
  Spray all underside with WD40 or anything else that will keep off moist
air.
  Touch up any dings in the paint.
  Stuff oily rag into tailpipe, and wrap saran wrap around the carb
intakes.
  That's about all I do; others may have more and better thoughts.
Bob