Re: Can't get over 3000 rpm

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Can't get over 3000 rpm
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 19:52:39 -0400
Message text written by Ross MacPherson

Adrian,
 =

I believe that your pressure tests on the two pumps showed just exactly
what
they should.  The SU has a diaghram(SP?) and contact points and should pu=
mp
only when the back pressure dips.  This style of pump should maintain
pressure in the line.  The electronic pump pumps continuously and will no=
maintain any back pressure because it doesn't need it to break contact
points.
 =

Sorry I haven't got any answer for you but I thought I'd steer you away
from
persuing this line. =

Good luck.

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson =

  / __ \ __ /       /------|)         Surrey, BC  CANADA
/  (___)---------/ (___)        =

 1947 MG-TC 3528           1966 MGB-GT   =

<

Aaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!! $%$#%^$@#$@#$^&%^**^$^&%$$$&$^&

 And there's me thinking I had accidentally stumbled onto something that
might be vaguely connected in some slight  way to the problem.  Jeze
Louise.

Oh, shoot.  I just thought of something.  The neighbours are at the beach=

this weekend.  As what normal people should be doing.  Time to disconnect=

the muffler and check out the "loose baffle" theory!!

Ross, thanks for taking the time to send a note about me barking up the
wrong tree.  I really appreciate it.

Regards,   Adrian