Re: Fast MG's

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net, william.eastman@medtronic.com
Subject: Re: Fast MG's
From: SHedman123@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 03:29:15 -0400 (EDT)
I have to agree....100%, maybe even more.
See Mr.Midget owned two Ferrari Testarossa's from about 87 to 93 and he talks
about the sensation of speed all the time. Seems that to get a "thrill" in
the TR one has to be travelling at about 120 mph +, not necessaraly a big
deal in that car but, how shall we say this, frowned upon by various
prominant members of society (judges etc.). In fact, verifyable by court
records, he only had a valid drivers license for about 3 months during his
entire ownership of those pieces of uh...... wonderful Italian engineering.
On the other hand, 75 mph in the TC causes one to look up Mother Teresa's
home phone number, "just in case." Put the windscreen down and you're begging
for the Bible, Koran, Torah, 4 leaf clover, rabbit's foot, lucky penny etc.
etc.
And talk about brakes in the TC..... talk about them--they aint there!  But
the thrill, the excitment, the low cost of parts, the wonderful electrics (go
ahead and laugh.... Mr. Marelli was Jos. Lucas's poor cousin-- couldn't quite
spend the money Joseph did to make his products as reliable as his cousins.
"Why use a 4 gauge battery cable when that old telephone cord is laying
around unused").
So anyway... give me an old lbc and a valid drivers license any day. (and
I'll arange for transportation).

"Midget" Susan