Free MGA Winter Storage [was Re: Winter make over - I know its

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Free MGA Winter Storage [was Re: Winter make over - I know its
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 08:45:07 -0500
Eric, I found this ad on my hard drive, and thought I'd pass it on...

"Free MGA Winter Storage!!  NO! It's NOT too good to be true. This is the
REAL thing. No investment. No MLM. We will coddle your MGA for the winter
at NO COST TO YOU! Nice garage provided. Great MGA roads for its
daily/weekly exercise. Exquisite sunny weather normally provided....at NO
EXTRA CHARGE! Loving caretaker. Car will have access to scads of waxes,
chamoises, California dusters, wheel cleaners, and a skilled MGA physician
should the need arise. Don't partially disassemble your treasure for the
winter. Send her to Texas !! Reply to car@texas.net   Note: In case she
might get lonely, there is a lovely red MGA that visits on a regular basis.
DON'T  DELAY!! REPLY NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND THE SNOW FLIES... No
charge for pick-up."

At 02:33 PM 9/1/97 -0400, Eric R. Stephen wrote:
>To all (especially those with experience in the soon to be frozen north)!

>Would anyone pass on to me (and other readers) how they would suggest an
>old lbc (1960 MGA 1600) should be properly put up for the winter (ie.
>drain gas tank, oil in cylinders?)... I plan on removing the tyres...

Geesh, Eric! That sure sounds like a lot of work....

Carol