RE: extraneous postings

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: extraneous postings
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 07:30:48 -0700
        I have read with amusement the latest rantings and ravings about
all the extraneous postings of late, particularly Trevor Boicey's
diatribe about Frank Zappa.

        I think the basic problem here is one of age.  A lot of the MG
owners out here are old enough to have had Zappa as one of their
benchmarks.  The young guys may not be able to relate, since they didn't
grow up with "Don't Eat Yellow Snow" or "Plastic People".

        Here's the solution...Trevor and Kai should start a thread about
Alanis Morrisette!  For those OFs that have no idea who this is,
Morrisette is the latest in whiny, depressing recording artists that is
all the rage.  We have a radio station here in Sacramento ("The Zone"),
that plays her music incessantly.

        This would be a great way to get back at all the OFs and their
Zappa trivia!

        Cheers, Paul Kile
        (Just turned 44 on Saturday, and hurtling into OFdom at
breakneck speed)