Re: '61 MGA

To: RICK_SCHUETTE@HP-PaloAlto-om13.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: '61 MGA
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 22:43:00 -0400 (EDT)
My car is titled as a '60.  It is # 71950, a little earlier than yours.  I
paid $6k for mine and put another $1-1.5K in it, and it still needs to be
stripped and painted to be nice.  My book ("The MGA Restoration Guide" by
Green) gives chassis #s from 68851-100351; so, you're car was the 11,208th
car produced (yeah, like they came off in some sort of order) out of
30500.  However, I don't have a time-line as to when the cars were built,
so someone else will have to pick it up from here.
As far as where it was before it was titled, who knows.  Maybe it was a
demo or something.  Maybe it was left over and was hard to get rid of when
the '61's came out.  Maybe the dealer used it for his personal car and
didn't license it (my dad used to do that).

Tom, '60 MGA 1600