Re: british racing green

To: mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: british racing green
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 07:44:00 EDT
  BRG is the color we all associate with Little British Cars.
Unfortunately, it was not an "official" or standardised color, hence
Kai's accurate comment.  Bentley's BRG is not necessarily the same as
Jaguar's, or Armstrong-Siddeley, etc.  MG used several different greens
over the years, all attractive.  If you wanted to use the green that was
appropriate for your car's year of manufacture, Moss has a color list in
its catalogue. Another approach is to find a car, the color of which you
like, and to ask the owner the paint maker and the formula used for the
color. Whatever you use, if it's possible to set aside some paint for
future touch-ups, do it, since matching paints is difficult.
Bob
 TD MkII with a factory color that doesn't seem to be in the book.....