NC: Driving in the rain [was Re: Fall]

To: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>, Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Subject: NC: Driving in the rain [was Re: Fall]
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 09:46:08 -0500
At 07:28 AM 9/3/97 -0700, patrick bailey wrote:

[snip]

>top in the garage!People are looking at the crazy guy smiling in the
rain.But this is what its all
>about isn't it?
>Pat

Ya' know, Pat...

Last spring when I went to GOF in Salado, TX, I drove up in the rain  --
about 150 miles, and Darlin' doesn't have ANY kind of top....  It's
incredible how spectators to our craziness are pre-conditioned -- and it's
sad...

I would take shelter from time to time under an awning in an on-interstate
petrol station. People would look at me  then look at the car. "Nice car.
Boy, I'll bet you're miserable." They were all surprised when I responded
"Not really. These cars love this type of weather, and you oughta' hear the
exhaust note! The car sounds great!"

The poor souls shook their heads and went about their business in their
'new iron'...

Alas...

Carol