one time opportunity!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: one time opportunity!!
From: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:39:40 -0700
>I saw an MGB sitting beside the road with $300 O/BO on the windshield. I
don't
>know the details except it is a chrome bumper model. Also written on the
>windshield (windscreen?) is: "does not run, has hardtop also" (not on the
car).
>Looks to be complete, has rust on front fenders and doors, rust through on
left
>rocker panel. Orange/red paint quite faded. Wire wheels. It was pouring
rain so
>I didn't look real close. If anyone has interest I can go back for more
details.
>I have a car trailer if that is any help to you. The car is located on Rt
18,
>near Whitman/East Bridgewater line, Southeast Massachusetts. I live in
>Bridgewater, about 30 miles south of Boston.
>
>'My job gets in the way of all the work I have to do'
>
>Eric <ejrussel@sprynet.com>

OK here is more info for those that care: Owner - Bob Fitzgerald
work # (508) 378 2255   home # (617) 934 5384
He's had for 6-8 years, has done little work. He thought the engine was seized
but found out it was a stuck starter after removing the cyl head. He claimed it
was a '64 model but I don't know the details of a B to confirm this. I couldn't
find the ID plate to get the chassis #, the engine # is 18 GB U H 75352. The
body has rust as previously described, The floors look OK, driver's seat (LHD)
torn. Dash looked OK. The only reason I'm not convinced it's a '64 is because
there are decals indicating "This vehicle wired Negative Earth", when did MG
switch? If you are still interested, email me your questions and we'll figure
out what's what or call Bob at the number above. I have no financial/personal
interest, just trying to help rescue an MG.
Eric  <ejrussell@sprynet.com>