Re: MGA Interiors

To: MIKE HIRSCHMAN <MHIRSCH1@FAIRVIEW.ORG>
Subject: Re: MGA Interiors
From: StanFischer <StanFischer@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 22:05:08 +0000
MIKE HIRSCHMAN wrote:

> Any recommendations for a source for MGA interiors.  Which vendor
> sells the highest quality, best color selection etc.  What's your
> experience and opinioin.
> Thanks
> Mike Hirschman
> 1961  MGA Coupe
Mike, I purchased the interior for my MGA Coupe from Scarborough Faire
and I am very satisfied with the quality of the seats and door panels
from them.  I needed a non-stock color and they were very accomodating.
Two bits of advice here:  First, if you still have them, retain the old
door panels from your coupe.  The original door panels had a metal
stiffener which is not provided with anyone's interior kit.  This
stiffener protected the door panel from being damaged in the vicinity of
the window crank.  Your old stiffener can easily be adapted to your new
panel set.  Second, avoid Scarborough's "woolon" carpet set  Billed as a
premium carpet with the look of wool, it is actually quite ordinary and
has more of the nylon look than wool look.  Finally, Scarborough
sometimes offers a special whereby you can purchase seats covers from
them and they will install the seat covers on your seat frames for a
minimal cost.  If this offer is in effect you should go for it.
 Good luck with your restoration

Stan Fischer
'58 MGA Coupe
'59 MGA Coupe