Re: Business card hoax, no LBC content

To: TATERRY@aol.com, British-cars@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Business card hoax, no LBC content
From: syd saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 01:33:09 -0500 (CDT)
Terry, this will be at least the 7th time I have seen this sorrowful hoax
come around.  If memory serves me well, I  believe that it began back in the
mid '80s (in conjunction with the "fax" techno-revolution.) I have also been
told on at least 3 of those occasions that the boy involved set the record
he was trying to achieve on the first go-round, and that the remainder of
the calls for cards were the "echo" efffect of the original request
ricocheting around the world, times you name the # of iterations...maybe
there is an algorythm for such ebbs and flows.  Like the stadium wave, it
just takes a few blokes with a few beers to see what power they can exert
over the rest of their world. We are all so easily moved by a touching
story...   Now, I think I would like to start a business card collection of
my own... lets tell everyone that I have lost an eye, a leg and an ear, and
that my nickname in spite of all that has befallen me  is  still "Lucky".
Only,  how about everyone pasting a dime to their card...now that's what I
would call a guiness record attempt that would at least afford the purchase
of some Guiness!
TTFN TCSYD