Clutch gone???!!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch gone???!!!
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 20:13:18 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
I had posted earlier with respect to a noise when the clutch pedal was
fully depressed.  I now know I have a much bigger fish to fry!  The joint
master cylinder (brake/clutch) is full.  The tranny is topped up.  When I
try to depress the clutch pedal I get a grinding, if I depress the pedal
all the way, the engine stalls (much noisier).  The car has been towed
home.  What should I be looking at (before pulling the engine and
transmission)?  In the case of clutch, what would the collected masses
suggest replacing while the engine and tranny are out of the car.  Along
this line, does the entire car cockpit interior need to be removed to get
the engine/tranny out or can the car be jacked up and the engine and
tranny taken out from beneath?

Waiting for the worst..
1960 MGA 1600 Roadster (verrry, verrry sick!!)
Vermont (British Invasion VII) is now likely out of the question, at least
in the lbc, this year. S**T!!!

TIA,

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;