Re: Wings and Wheels review -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Wings and Wheels review -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 08:08:44 -0500
Yes, there were some great book deals.  They have a large awning set up
with boxes upon boxes of books for 50% off.  You just have to rummage
through and find what you want.  It is a great chance to pick up books that
you can't justify paying full price for but you still find interesting.

I did the rally so I got there later than usual- a little after nine.
Nonetheless, I picked up four new books at 50% off- The Austin-Healy Buyers
Guide,  The Essential Jaguar XK, Vintage Racing Cars, and The New England
MGT Register's book on Restoring T Series MG's.  There were other MG books
of interest but, unfortunately, I either own them or felt that they were
lower on the list.  I was tempted by a copy of Original MG T and a couple
of MG history books that I don't have but were fairly redundant to those
already in my library (read that on a shelf in the basement).  They also
had every book on sale for 15% off.  If I hadn't already blown my budget on
bargain books, I would have picked up David Knowles' MG, the Untold Story
but, unfortunately, I didn't realise that it had made it to this side of
the pond already.  Oh well, there is always Christmass!

Regards,
Bill Eastman

William Eastman wrote:

> Classic Motorbook's Wings and Wheels car show / fly in / craft show was
> held this Saturday.  The weather was perfect and the turnout was . . .

<snip -- blah, blah, blah, blah......>

Cut to the chase! Were there some great book deals or what?

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)