Re: MGB wanted

To: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB wanted
From: Pat Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 06:38:41 -0700

G Graham wrote:

> Hello, listers!
>
> Anyone know of a "pre-1974½" drive-able MGB for sale for less than
> $10,000?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gary A. Graham
> missed the boat on the 74 B

  You should want a POST 74 1/2 MGB.I have a nice 79 that i would
consider $10,000 for.The rubber bumper Bs are the one's to buy These are
going to be a good investmen for several reasons.
1  There wasn't as many made
2  They are newer and in better condition
3  They are more comfortable
4  they are safer as a daily driver due to the bumpers
5  The supply will diminish because all the good ones are going to
Australia
So you can see...NOW is the time to buy a RBMGB!! You now want one and
can't wait until you get one!( tongue in cheek removed)But the point I'm
making is that the pre74s are worth SOOO much more than the later Bs
even though they are usually in worse condition rustier etc,some would
pay $3000 for a 72 B that may be rusty,needs a lot of TLC but wouldn't
pay the same for a good healthy 79!See it's the perception that the
later Bs are not as good .I am going to start a campaign in defense of
later Bs!!Join me brothers and sisters of late B-dom...We shal overcome
this prejudice against our beloved cars just because of their
bumpers.....RBMGBs forever!!
Pat 79 RBMGB