A successful TD une up

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: A successful TD une up
From: "John H. Gindlesberger" <jhgindle@wcnet.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 20:52:54 -0400
 Just finished tuning the TD--thanks for the advice regarding timing and
plug gaps.  It simply purrs!--well, it does now.  For a short while I was
baffled by very poor running and lots of dark exhaust fumes.  I had turned
the jets up to maximum lean and it was still running incredibly rich.  Only
then did it occur to me that I had neglected to push the choke back in!  The
idle then smoothed right out and I got the carbs in sync and the mixture
adjusted properly.  Took it for a short test drive and it honestly runs
better than it has since I got it.  Guess I should have done this before!