No mas! No mas! -- Roberto Duran
Now I've had 22 responses to my inquiry. Thanks to all of you,
particularly Skip for giving me step-by-step instructions for getting
these things apart, and to Jarl, for preventing me from submerging them
in oxalic acid.
After several months soaking in various penetrants with no results, it
took me about an hour to get all 12 slave cylinders apart by heating.
I played the propane torch around the cylinder until it got nice and hot
and, in most cases, the piston magically rose out of the cylinder all by
itself! In a couple of cases I had to coax it a little with
channel-locks, but they all came out relatively easily. I didn't even
lose any piston covers in the process!
I don't know whether any will be rebuildable without sleeving, but at
least I've got a fighting chance.
Thanks to proper precautions, including welding gloves and safety
goggles, I didn't even burn myself or set anything major on fire!
(Thanks Carol, for your concern). I felt so lucky that I even put
together the front suspension on the TD on the right side, and I didn't
end up with the spring through my skull!