Re: Brake Pedal Box Screws

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net, mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: Brake Pedal Box Screws
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 11:48:12 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-11 00:26:44 EDT, arm@unix.infoserve.net writes:

> The Robertson drive is a purely Canadian screw head that, for some
>  unexplainable reason has not taken over the world.

I don't know if they still do or not, but in the early seventies, every
mobile home made in America used this type screw head. You are right, they
are so much easier to use in applications where you can't get to with both
hands to hold the screw for starting.

Many of the woodworking supply companies here sell them. I used a lot of them
when I built my house in '72. Unfortunatley, as you said, they are only
available as wood screws. What a shame!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74