Re: Shitty seat belts (was Re: LBC Safety)

To: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Shitty seat belts (was Re: LBC Safety)
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 11:24:12 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Bob
On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Bob De Weese wrote:

=%OYou know...  All in all, when it comes right down to it you're right.
=%OAm am probably better off wearing a seat belt.  Truth be said, the main
=%Oreason I "forget" sometimes is probably the fact that they're such a
=%Opain in the ass to get out of the roller.  Fortunately the drivers side
=%Oworks much easier than the passenger side.

Dang! what a hassle! They sound worse than my non-retractable belts! I
have mine adjusted for me, they really arn't that bad for me to belt in,
but they do bug anyone else tryin  to wear them while they are set for
me. Lots of fussing for other people- but once they are set up, I just lay
them back over the seat (MGB-GT) and get out- actually easier than for the
windups!

=%OBTW - I have found a way to get them out, but it does take a bit of
=%Opatience, (not one of my vertues).  If you hold the belt fairly close to
=%Othe roller and give it a series of *very light*, short, quick pulls it
=%Owill release a little at a time.  At least it works on mine.
=%O
=%O
=%OBobby
=%O--
=%O                                       Bob De Weese
=%O                             Certified Professional Locksmith
=%O                                   bearlock@bigfoot.com
=%O
=%O
=%O*******************************************************************
=%O*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
=%O*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II