MGB engine lifting points (was Re: MGC Motors)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB engine lifting points (was Re: MGC Motors)
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 16:30:00 -0600
I "lifted" this from the NAMGBR web page.  The author is John Twist.

PULLING an MGB ENGINE: Disconnect the gearbox from the engine, and swing
the engine out the front. Position the engine lifting chain on the two
5/16 studs which hold the valve cover nuts. Place the chain over the stud
and place LARGE washers over the chain, and TIGHTEN the nut so the stud
will not bend. This may sound creepy or not substantial, but it is the
way I've pulled engines for twenty five years.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas