Re: Translation (off-topic)

To: mgrick@ptd.net, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: Translation (off-topic)
From: Philip <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 97 13:08:17 +0100
On 17/9/97 11:49 pm Rick Morrison said

>Translated from the American to the Queen's English, "Atta Boy" would
>come out something like "Good show, chap". Derived from a more proper
>pronuciation, "That's a Boy".
> Sometimes used to keep track of how well a particular project,
>operation, or whatever is going, it must be remembers that  1 (ONE) "OH,
>SHIT!" erases 10 (ten) "Atta Boys"

Thanks for the many explainations. Just like to point out that I've never
ever heard anyone in England say "Good show, chap". Although 'Oh shit' is
a daily ocurrance ;-)

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk