"Grapes of Wrath" repairs

To: "'barneymg@juno.com'" <barneymg@juno.com>
Subject: "Grapes of Wrath" repairs
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:58:59 -0400
How about a whittled down guitar pick to replace the broken rubbing block
on a set of points?  I had to bend the pick to get an attachment point, but
fortunately the exhaust pipe was still hot enough to heat the pick so it
would bend without breaking.

This was in my "impoverished student" days, and was done on a '59 VW
Beetle.  Held up for almost 6 months!

Never get to use that trick on my Midget, though, since it has a
Crane/Allison electronic system. (Obligatory MG content)

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net
'77 Midget (..has been used to go get parts for the...)
'93 Saturn