Re: Weber vs SU

To: larry.g.unger@lmco.com
Subject: Re: Weber vs SU
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:57:10 -0400
larry.g.unger@lmco.com wrote:

> Jed Piper wrote:
>
> > Scott poses an interesting question:  Has anyone out there had
> > experience with both the Weber DGV and twin SU's?
>
> Yo! ... Bill Schooler ... you keeping missing your que buddy ... the
> crowd is asking for ya ... time to make your entrance ... 'stage left'.
>
> Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
> '61 MGA 1600 MkII

Larry,

No, I don't qualify!  The car I was fooling around with didn't meet the
stated comparative requirement - that every thing else be up to snuff.
I agree that it would be interesting to hear from someone who actually
had the kahunas to remove a perfectly functional set of SUs and put on a
properly jetted and adjusted Weber - on a car that had everything else
set up correctly.  Why anyone would do that is beyond my comprehension,
but that has been mentioned before.

Now you all must realize that I am just a little bit biased here.  For
example, I believe that the DGV Weber, when filled with melted wheel
weights, would make an exceptional boat anchor........(insert smiley
face here.)

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/