RE: Enthusists?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Enthusists?
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:41:35 -0400 (EDT)
I found the post to be correct in most orders, with the exception that
British car ownership is being taken over by the "Goatee and Earring set".
 HUH?  I still find that I am the only guy under 30 seen in an old British
car.  I've seen more Black MG owners than MG owners under 30.
    But the part about being ignored by other British Car enthusiasts... or
older British car enthusiasts...  I owe that, really, for the most part to
the shirt you are wearing.  I have done this as an experiment:  I wore a
plain t-shirt, and was ignored.  I wore a "MGB" shirt, and was treated like I
was a new guy who needed to be told what "MG" stands for.  When I wear my
"Unipart" shirt or my "1989 Original British Car Show" shirt I have been
treated like I was one of the gang...   The best I can assume is that you
just aren't dressing the part.

     John... 19 years old with:
72 MGB Tourer (REALLY NICE)
73 MGB-GT (Former Daily Driver, but now for sale, $5,000, nice)
59 MG Farina Magnette (How many have you seen?)
87 Jaguar XJ-S (My new daily driver)