Re: Right Hand Drive

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Right Hand Drive
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:44:10 -0500
At 05:57 PM 9/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I happen to like the right hand drive on my TD. It's quite an attention
>getter. (I swing right to clear before passing and it works fine) Tho'
>shifting with the left hand takes a bit of getting used to.

My Land-Rover is rhd, and most of the looks we get are a double takes as the
first impression is that my border collie is driving. In an L-R not much
passing is undertaken, and you can see over most cars in any event. Since
the L-R has such a leggy shifter, I had no problems adjusting to left hand
shifting as opposed to a B (each hand just 'trains' itself).
  Fast food drive throughs are a problem, however. . .I haven't had much
luck training the dog to handle this job.

Michael, New Bern, NC