Aftermarket Seats

To: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>, "mg list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Aftermarket Seats
From: "Lewis" <wdlewis@wf.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:25:55 -0500

----------
> From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
> To: Lewis <wdlewis@wf.net>
> Subject: Re: New to list
> Date: Thursday, September 18, 1997 9:46 PM
>
> Welcome aboard.
>
> Sounds like a fun car.  I have a 77 also.  You mentioned "aftermarket"
> seats.  What are they, how do they fit, what benefits do they offer, etc.
> While my seats are in really nice shape, I can't say that they're very
> supportive.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Delling

Hi Chris,
  77's rule!  The seats that I have are the lowback fiberglass jobs like
they
have in the J.C. Whitney & Summit catalogs.  I have the two-tone vinyl seat
covers with about an inch of foam rubber inside them.  When I bought the
car the stock seats were ragged out big time.  The seats are a bit on the
hard side with so little padding, but the have good side support and really
hold you upright when playing on the twisties.  I really don't notice how
hard
they are until I take a long trip (60+ mi. or so).

Since I'm the only driver I didn't get the sliding rail kit, but I did get
the
'adjust it by what hole you stick the bolt through' seat mounts.  The seats
went in just fine, plenty of room (door to center console).  I think they
look
good in the car, kinda like the old Cobra barrel/bucket seats.

Bill Lewis
'77B