Re: $300 Vehicles

To: elkhart@juno.com
Subject: Re: $300 Vehicles
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:01:58 -0700
elkhart@juno.com wrote:

> Perhaps the money would be better invested
> in an Escort at this point?
>
> Just plain Phil

Ay, but sometimes one can find a diamond in the rough.  My '74 had the floors
replaced, new fenders, a new paint job, rebuilt SU's, 73,000mi, and a bad
backfire.
The PO wanted $500, I gave him $400.  He thought the timing chain was broken.
Turned
out to be bad spark plugs.  The car sat in a field for two years, and needs a
little
bit of love and some rubber parts.  The owner didn't have the love, and I had
the
money.  So, not all $400 MGB's are junk, or risks.  Of course, owning a parts
car
helps too...
--
Michael S. Lishego