MGB tire sizes

Subject: MGB tire sizes
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:15:27 -0500
The tires on my MGB are so old (and mismatched, which really bugs me),
that I'd like to replace them. My choices are:

1) use stock sized 165r14s. Difficult to find, no performance tires in
this size.

2) upgrade to 185/70/14, small choice of performance tires (continental
is about it). I also might just put BFG touring T/As on it and have less
performance but a smoother ride.

3) go with 195/60/14s, lots of performance tires sizes, but 5%
difference in diameter from stock, 2mph diff on speedo at 50mph, not a
big deal, but I'm already revving real high on highways. (3700 at 70mph
or something), more expensive than option 2

4) go with 195/65/14s, fair selection of performance tires in this size,
less than 2% difference in diameter from stock, more expensive than
option 2.

following the 70% rule on rim sizes, the 195s will work. I also thought
the 195s would look good if and when I lower it 1" (it's a rubber
bumper).

questions: will the 195s work? As in, no rubbing, etc. Other things to
look out for?

--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.