Woodley Park (longish)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Woodley Park (longish)
From: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 07:21:00 -0700
Went to Woodley Park yesterday and what a nice meet!There must have been
300 cars there all the way from beaters to Jay Leno's humongus 8 liter
Bentley!I asked Jay "why don't you call Gov Wilson up and tell him if he
doesn't sign SB42 you would tell some jokes about him"He replied"I did
that once and wilson called back and said he would pass legislation
banning 427 engines"He talked a bit about how there wasn't too many
people under 40 in this hobby,he seemed quite concerned that the hobby
was pricing the kids out.Jay seems to be a very nice guy and it was fun
talking to him. There was a guy passing out stamped post cards to send
to the Gov supporting SB42There was an OF with a red MGBGT that he was
trying to put back together after it got damaged in the Northridge
earthquake it seems everything in his garage flew around and lande on
his GT I took a new look at my garage when I got home it looks like a
missle launch pad!
I got a lot of compliments on my painted rubber bumpers and a lot of
questions on the technique I used,there was a white MG for sale at $4300
and next to it was a red one with $10,000 on it! I commented at the
price and the guy said they just put it on so the $4300 one would look
like a bargain! there must have been 50 MGs here and some were really
nice.I found no snobs here everyone was willing to talk about their cars
and the whole atmosphere was pleasant and "california laid back"It was
hot enough for the women to be dressed down pleasently!Alll in alll a
very nice day if you missed it go next year the people who put it on do
a great job.
Pat