RE: Austin Americas

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Austin Americas
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:35:25 -0700
Greetings,

I would think long and hard about buying an Austin America.  They do not
use the Borg Warner 35 automatic, they use a perverse 4-speed auto that
uses
ENGINE OIL as a working fluid! (the engine and trans share a common
sump).

For a good description of Austin Americas, read my article entitled
"Schlock Brothers", in the September issue of the Cambridge and District
MG Club newsletter.  You can access this at the following address:

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cambs.mgoc/index.html

Click on the "Newsletters" hypertext, then on "September 1997"

You can also read Kelvin Fagan's description of my trip to the UK in
July, complete with pictures.  (I'm the guy without the beard)

Cheers, PK