Re: Value

To: elkhart@juno.com
Subject: Re: Value
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:00:34 -0400
elkhart@juno.com wrote:
> From a strictly amateur perspective, which I
> believe is the best. I find it hard to believe
> that any MG is worth less than $300.

  Simply put, it becomes worth less than $300 when there
is another MG the next street over that is better and
sells for $300. ;>

  There are more basket-case restorable cars than their
are people who want to restore them.

  $300 isn't a lot of money. But if you are buying it to
restore and it turns out to be hopeless when you get
into it, it's a bad purchase. Or if you buy it for
parts because you need an engine and the engine is
toast, it's a bad purchase.

  Even at $300, you can still evaluate your potential
purchase. But I guess the point is that at $300 you can't
get too picky.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada