Gloves - (was Re: True or FalseRe: True or False )

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gloves - (was Re: True or FalseRe: True or False )
From: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:51:23 -0400
-----------Original Message---------------------------------------

Seriously, another little trick I have been doing lately is to use
disposable latex gloves when working on the MGA and MGTD (obligatory LBC
content).  It keeps all that grease out of your fingernails to begin
with.  It also prevents getting toxic stuff like paint, solvents, oil,
etc. on your skin.  They are also useful for keeping the oil in your
fingers off bare metal that you are about to paint.

Of course, some guys say they don't like them because they think it
reduces their sensitivity, but I don't think they lessen my enjoyment of
the mechanical experience.  ;-)

I think I paid less than $10 for a box of 100 from Harbor Freight.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
-------------End of original message ------------------------------

I have been using vinyl surgical gloves.  They run $6 - $8 for a
box of about 100 at CVS drug stores.  They also carry laytex gloves
which are not quite as strong and are more susceptible to solvents.

Another advantage to wearing gloves is that if you need go from handling
dirty, grimey bits from underneath your car to parts which must be kept
clean, you can just put on a new pair of gloves.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Mk II