Shop Layout/Shop Tips

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Shop Layout/Shop Tips
From: Alan Pfau <apfau@ismi.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:15:05 -0500
Hello All!

        I have been given the go-ahead from the SO to convert our two car
garage
into my "dream" LBC shop. This actually is a project I started about 6
years (and three children) ago.
        I would like to tap the unlimited depths of knowledge available from
the
list for any shop ideas or tips on how to best set thing up.
        I currently have insulated sidewalls with peg-board type panelling
installed, a painted concrete floor, an insulated garage door, two good
solid work benches, a gas furnace (hung from the ceiling) and will next be
installing an insulated ceiling. The only non-shop items I must include is
storage for my riding lawn mower and a spare refrigerator (well, since it
stores beer I guess it's semi-shop related).
        Any ideas on lighting, compressed air supply (I already have a good
compressor), electrical service (should I install a separate box for the
shop), Hand tool/power tool storage (I've already got most of the tools I
need), ventilation etc. If there's enough info. I'll compile it all and
later post it back to the group.

TIA,
Alan Pfau
apfau@ismi.net