Re: longest distance?

To: TATERRY@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: longest distance?
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:06:21 -0400
At 01:30 AM 9/21/97 -0400, TATERRY@aol.com wrote:

.   In 1993
>Harry and Deidre Pyle drove their TC from Perth to Sydney then shipped it to
>the USA, drove it all over the US and Canada, shipped it to England then
>Europe driving a total of 52,000 km or 31,200 miles in 207 days....This has
>got to be the record for LBC's...any longer?
>Terry

Terry, I can't conceive of a longer trip then the Pyle's and their book is
great. Best part is the picture of me! Only kidding.

Looking at records for a group. 1986 Ocean to Ocean by the NEMGTR, 7500
miles x 50 cars  ( 375,000 miles ) (19 days) longest day about 600 miles
from Alamosa Colorado, over Wolf Creek Pass, through four corners to Grand
Canyon at 100 degrees F.)

Or Circuit of Britain 1990 , 89 cars, about 3000 miles with all events or
267,000 + 6000 miles on the high seas for another 531,000, and if we add
those who drove across country to get to the docks in N.J. , we approach
one million miles.

All the above in pre 1956 MGs. That's enthusiasm!!

Mike