Re: Austin America, Austin 3-Litre etc. etc.

To: dknowles@uk.b-r.com
Subject: Re: Austin America, Austin 3-Litre etc. etc.
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:06:20 EDT
A friend of mine got two Austin America's from his father-in-law not too
long ago. He asked me to drop by and peruse the two. One was a manual
tranny that had the beejeezus driven out of it. The other was an
automatic that had about 45,000 on the clock and hadn't seen the outside
of the barn since it was two years old.
  Which anecdote is an example of why most of the A-A's that were seen
were manuals.  The autos couldnt get out of the yard.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget