Re: Easy way to prime rebuilt engine

To: ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu, tedtsimx@bright.net
Subject: Re: Easy way to prime rebuilt engine
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:42:57 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-24 11:02:50 EDT, ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU writes:

<<
        I guess I'm from the old school but what did the factory do to
 start a new engine? What does Detroit do? I can't imagine them going
 through all the work of priming things. If you don't want the engine to
 fire before you have pressure then pull the distributer wire and crank
 away. The small amount of wear that a new engine would get during the
 first start should not be a concern. I think too often we follow the
 advice of those that write books. It sounds good but may be over kill.

AND THE ANSWER IS......<drum roll> ........They use engine oil, 'cause the
engines don't lay around for a while before starting, and the oil doesn't run
off of the internals.
Ray