Re: help with shocks and bushings

To: Palmer Family <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: help with shocks and bushings
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Palmer Family wrote:
> 1. My right rear shock works but only half the time. It catches and then
> works(If you know what I'am talking about, Help! <G>) By the way, lever
> shock.

Remove it and try topping it up.  If that doesn't help, replace both
shocks with new ones (at this point I can't recommend rebuilt ones) or
tube shocks.

> 2. I heard talk of lubing bushings, I have four new front suspension
> bushings and I would like to know if I need to lube them(silicone?) when I
> put them in.

If they are stiffer bushings (polyurthane, nylatron, whatever you want to
call them) you should lube them well so that they don't squeal.  On rubber
ones, I guess you could, but use something that doesn't attack the rubber.

                                                           '67 Sprite