Re: can't get started

To: JMerz140@aol.com
Subject: Re: can't get started
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:40:02 -0400

JMerz140@aol.com wrote:

> Gary,
> You don't give a clue as to how the problem started (no pun) such as car
> sitting a long time, had carbs apart, etc..  Anyway it sounds like the float
> valve/s stuck closed and not admitting fuel to the carb bowl.  First thing to
> do is figure out what the cause might be; ie. bad mechanic, dirty fuel, car
> stored many years, etc.  Let us know. Jim

  Sorry about the lack of info-- I'm new at this. The car was sitting for at
least several months and perhaps longer. There was debris in the fuel line when
disconnected it between the carbs. Don't know about the bad mechanic, but the PO
said that he "went through" the carbs and put them back in w/o adjusting them.
He
is very familiar with LBC's so I am inclined to leave the innards alone for a
bit.

Thanks!

Gary
74 1/4 MGB