Re: BBQ???

To: Spook37211@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BBQ???
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:49:28 -0600
>In a message dated 97-09-26 01:12:52 EDT, jello@dns.ida.net writes:
>
><<  I know R-12 was making life hell for me for
> a while, and I am happy to have guys like George around. >>
>I'm curious, how was Freon R-12 bothering you?
>No luck sealing an a/c joint?
>Ray

No.  The problem is that it is extremely expensive, I can't get it myself
legally, I am not permitted to work with it.  Now this is not much of a
problem if your A/C system is in perfect working order, but all my cars are
older, and have slow leaks.  The leak could be repaired at considerable
expense, or a re-charge can be done about once a year.  Re-charge used to be
cheap, it no longer is, and I believe it is illegal to add R-12 to any
system with a leak, i.e. if you need a re-charge, a leak must be identified
and repaired prior to getting more R-12 put in the car than will come out of it.

That's why it has been a living hell.  I have not used George's refrigerant,
as I don't have an immediate need, but I have 3 cars that could use it.
Just knowing an alternative is available is a relief to me.  I know people
that have used it, and they were very satisfied.

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C