Re: Flywheel

To: "Frank R. Krajewski" <FrankK@businesson.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:36:02 -0700
This is not really a "14". It's a 1 and a 4, referencing the point at which
nos. 1 and 4 pistons are at top dead center. In the old days, many cars
used a hole in the bellhousing and this 1/4 mark to show where tdc was,
before the use of the pointer and the marks on the timing cover.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center