Tranny Trevails

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tranny Trevails
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 21:52:49 +0100
Okay, for the next chapter in the C/GT Tranny. First of all, a lot of
the stuff inside seems to be 'B' parts and I'll be talkin' about 'B'
parts from here on in.

It's the laygear. It is in fine shape. However, there is too much end
float. The spec says it should be .002 to .003. Well, it's .007 and the
thrust washer on the end is .155. No problem, I'll just get a new one of
the right size: .160.

The VB catalog is worthless. The Moss catalog got me excited for a
little bit. They have #15 on their late-model tranny page and looking up
the particulars, there is a Moss part number for the right part:
462-045.

But then the price list doens't carry it so I guess that is Moss' way of
saying tough teddys.

So, anyone got some advice here?
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"However, I must agree with Bob Allen" -- Larry Unger, Sept. 15, 1997