Costs of used parts...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Costs of used parts...
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 23:15:32 EDT
I had the pleasure today of attending the Flatwater A-H Club's All
British Meet in Lincoln, NE, and viewed many fine cars -- Thank you, Bob
Shaw, for posting the date and place or I would not have known of the
event!  Unfortunately, Miss Molly became extremely tempermental, and was
unable to attend (am still sorting out the carburetion on her, and am too
'thrifty' to purchase new parts -- yet).

However, I did meet a gentleman there who had some parts for sale, and
wanted to send out a general request as to what they are going for:

     Complete windscreen assembly (posts, glass, seals, etc;
     sans visors and mirror) from a '73 Midget.  Has usual
     wear, no wiper marks, but some clouding around edges.

     Z-S 150CD carburetor.  Condition unknown, as well as
     whether or not it is complete.  Origin uncertain.

Can someone tell me what a reasonable price might be for these items?

On a more positive note, the significant other (who has exhibited extreme
patience in regards to Molly and has actually helped with the work --
she, barring any unforeseen psychosis popping up, will probably turn out
to be a keeper) was somewhat smitten with a lovely deep red TD, and has
authorized a search for another project.

Rich Arnold
Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA

richard.arnold@juno.com

"It is wise to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties."
James Madison ca. 1791