Off-topic plastic chroming

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Off-topic plastic chroming
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 00:48:33 +0000
Not directly related to LBCs, but has anyone ever had plastic bits
chromed?  The tank badges and side-cover badged on our motorcycle
don't do justice to the rest of the bike, and they are no longer
available from Yamaha.  The badges themselves are okay, the chrome
plating has just chipped/flaked off.  Has anyone here had success
with plating these bits?  Another option would be sanding them smooth
and using one of those chrome spray paints, but I would prefer
honest-to-goodness plating as a first choice.
Scott