5-speed Trans

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 5-speed Trans
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:08:47 +0000
Folks,
Another interesting tale from that T-register gathering I just posted.
Met a very interesting engineer, Steve Neal, who is manufacturing a
5-speed trans kit for the MG TD, TF and Y Type.
In fact that's what caught my eye looking at his car, the gear shift.
Casually asked what was going on there and he told me that he makes up a
complete kit based on a Datsun all Syncro trans that includes mounts and
drive shaft for $1399 depending on early or late clutch disc. For my TD,
a late 53, that means this is the price and he uses an 8" MGB diaphragm
clutch and roller bearing, new trans cover included!
He's sending me more detailed info. This would solve that rear end gear
swapping on the highway forever. Have you priced new original parts
lately?

If anybody else is interested, here's his phone number. He's in
Brunswick, ME.  207-729-4489.

Just passing along, no connections, etc.,
Dave Houser