It's alive!!!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: It's alive!!!!
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:12:48 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
Well, the vacuum advance is finally hooked up (had to remove the front
carb to finally effect sucess), and the battery reconnected.  Turned the
car over and off she went.  Looked under the car and saw a really big
puddle of oil.  Turns out it was the oil pressure hose finally giving up
the ghost after 37 years (1960 MGA 1600 Roadster).  As luck would have it,
a local establishment called Miniman (all British) was able to rebuild a
new hose for me.  It's on and doesn't leak. They also stocked the hand
brake cable that broke as I was easing the car back off the ramps.  Hooked
up the front end of the cable and now its time to rest, have a couple
fingers of scotch and wait for the morning light to hook up the nether
egions of the cable.  This is just perfect timing since it is raining cats
and dogs (no I'm not trying to expand the cat thread) and the weather man
promises more of the same for tomorrow.  We are promised at least three
glorious sunny days after that so I finally get to put my baby on the road
before the snow flies (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada).  Perhaps El Nino will
stretch out the fall a little this year.  Thanks to all who have replied
and provided assistance!

Safety Fast!  Eric, Terri and their 1960 MGA 1600 will soon be on the road
again where they belong.

Cheers,

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;